Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lesson Learned

The citizens of Charlottesville surprised me this morning.

1000 tickets were gone within 22 minutes. There were a few who showed up at 9pm last night and camped out. Most showed up by 5am this morning. Tickets were handed out beginning at 7am. I showed up at 6:45...but I wasn't the last person in line...although very close!

There were no protests. It was very orderly.

Now I need to figure out if he's flying in on Air Force One or using a helicopter.

Oh ya...no ticket. Not even close. Next time I'll get up before the sun and secure my place in history.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

hmmm, I thought I taught you to get up very early and be the first one in line(grin). Sorry you missed out but how exciting to have the President coming!

tall dad said...

So happy to see that you are bold in your political feelings. I had a conversation with a friend and shared my political thoughts and he appeared to end the conversation quickly. Oh, well. Win some friends and loose some friends. Keep it up. Others need to know how you feel.

Whacky Wheelers said...

Okay . . . the only time I ever stood in line was when the new Krispy Kreme Doughnuts place opened in Bloomington. I think I was seventh in line . . . and it was way too early in the morning . . . and all I got was ONE free doughnut. But, I did surprise all my neighbors and left a dozen doughnuts with each family. But, I digress.

When we lived in Frederick, Maryland . . . we lived very close to Camp David. You could see planes, etc., overhead all the time. One time a friend mentioned to a group of us that he always knows when the President is at Camp David, because the helicopter flies over his house at such-and-such a time. The comment got back to the right people (don't ask me how, we were all just hanging out) and the helicopter never came over the guy,s house anymore. They had changed the flight pattern.

I have to say that moving away from the Washington, DC area has helped me to realize there is other stuff out here besides politics. It took me forever to stop thinking of Bill Clinton when I heard the town name Clinton.

But, I sometimes miss the excitement!

You could fly here. President Bush is supposed to be in Peoria sometime this month for a fundraiser.