Monday, May 9, 2011

My Top 10 List

A brief interruption to the political, philosophical, and religious commentary that usually makes its way to this blog.

I completed my Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation last week. It was about 3 years in the making. Every ounce of free time that I've had over the past 3 years has been devoted to studying and stressing over the next exam. But it's done and I have earned back a significant amount of time.

With this new-found freedom, I have recommitted to personal growth and health. And I created a "Top 10 List" of sorts regarding my renewed healthy lifestyle. Here it is (in order):

1) Pray regularly and read scriptures (meditate/reduce stress).
2) Walk/jog 6 days a week for 30-60 minutes (no formal exercise on Sunday).
3) Smile - be happy!
4) Drink lots of water.
5) Eat less but eat 5 times a day - always a protein and a carb.
6) Minimal sugar and no greasy foods for 6 days each week (generally, Saturday will be my "day off").
7) Try yoga?!?
8) Two walks around the office and park as far away as possible.
9) When in doubt, eat salmon and salad!
10) Fiber, sunlight, and vitamin C.

There you have it. This list is not quite as thought-provoking as Benjamin Franklin's 13 virtues...but it will help me focus on a more healthy lifestyle. Consider it yet, another perspective.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Great list! And just a note about the 6 days a week. Any days are better than no days and if you can't do 6, just do what you can:) Life is SO good when we are healthy! Love this post.

tall dad said...

Thank you for the motivation. I can match everything except the walking. I'm right behind you.

Laurel said...

i like this A LOT.