Saturday, September 13, 2008

He doesn't like it, but he needs it

I was feeding our almost 1-year old this morning. He doesn't eat oatmeal plain so I mixed it in with fruit. My daughter is such a good mother. And she was adamant that the baby does not like oatmeal. To which I replied, "He doesn't like it, but he needs it."

I think that pretty much sums up how I felt last night...and how I've felt for the past 4-5 months. And I've been questioning...

Do I need it? I'm close to breaking point. I think it first started when I had to persuade a concerned father that it wasn't Christ-like to pay someone to beat up his daughter's boyfriend. Yesterday, someone else's daughter was murdered--we had to break the news to the father and siblings--and I spent 6 hours in the hospital with an elderly man who had a heart attack and has no family in town.

Do I really need these experiences?

3 comments:

Laurel said...

personally, I think you DO need it to be prepared for what else He needs you to do.

but, even if YOU don't need it, consider this: Maybe THEY need YOU in their experiences.

Anonymous said...

Laurel always knows what to say. She is just good. Do you need it? Who knows but you were needed in that calling and there is a lot that comes with it. You are blessed wtih a good wife, good family, good job. It definitely helps you realize the blessings that are yours when you are pushed to your limit. (at least I think) :)

Uzi said...

Absolutely!
It strenghtens the heart and softens the soul. Put's your mind in another perspective and tempers the body for the endurance.

:)