Thursday, June 19, 2008

I want this to be refreshing

I think these posts may lean more towards a religious tone. Not a preachy religious tone. Just a...hmmm...or...wow, I hadn't considered that...or...that's a good reminder.

But every once in a while, I become passionate about the most mundane thing. And sometimes I just HAVE to share my views on the current political stage or comment on something I read. And you'll probably hear about it on this blog. But generally speaking, I'm very non-confrontational. I don't like the spirit that confrontation brings. Perhaps that is why this blog feels like such a safe place.

But I think I want to maintain a reverent tone here...most of the time.

Here's my favorite acronym I learned years ago...see if you can find it in the scriptures.

SMILE. Spiritually Minded Is Life Eternal. It pays to be happy.

Consider the blessings in your life that gives you a reason to SMILE.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I remember when you taught me this acronym. I've never forgotten it although I sometimes have to look hard to find it in the scriptures. Thanks for the reminder.

Cheryl said...

I think this is great. I love your insights and your comments, so I'm happily adding this to Google Reader.

Another blog you might want to check out is http://observationsbyjack.blogspot.com/
It's written by a long-time friend of my parents, who became paralyzed after a body surfing accident in 1989. He is remarkable and has amazing commentaries on life's lessons, especially from the scriptures.

Uzi said...

I still show this to people, since the day you showed it to me!

Wow.....memories, and how good things will always stay with you.